About the Centre
The Mount Juliet Equestrian centre is one of the most impressive equestrian centres in the country. With two arenas including one International size arena, an American style barn, an exhilarating cross-country course, 18 miles of bridleways, a new set of show-jumps and a new stock of ponies and horses, Mount Juliet offers the rider the best possible experience in all types of riding.
About the Activities
There are 16 miles of professionally planned bridleways on Co.Kilkennys Mount Juliet estate passing through mature, unspoilt parkland. Simply stepping through the gates of this magnificent sporting estate takes you into another world.
Mount Juliet Equestrian Centre provides tuition to suit all levels in Dressage, Showjumping and Cross-Country.
The estate offers the equestrian enthusiast a truly unique and tailor-made riding experience and ensures every guest a memorable experience. The centre offers both short and long-term livery.
About the Horses
Mount Juliet Equestrian Centre prides itself on the range of school masters available to guests. The horses comprise of traditional breeds such as the Irish Draught and Connemara which are both renowned for their reliability and good nature. The Centre also stock Thoroughbred crosses.
About the Facilities and Accommodation
- The equestrian yard contains a reception building which houses ladies and gents separate changing facilities, 2 toilets, 1 shower and waiting area.
- The American Barn houses 18 large stables and 4 pony stalls.
- The centre provides its guests with 2 outdoor arenas, 1 being International size at 60m by 30m and the second arena being 43m by 26m. Both arenas contain the 'Premier Cushion Track' surface which in turn enhances performance.
- Mount Juliet House- There are 31 bedrooms at Mount Juliet House, including two presidential suites. Each hotel room is individually designed, in keeping with the concept of a private, family home. Each room is also named, drawing inspiration from the history of the estate. To compliment all of the services provided by the staff of the house, in the evening as you prepare for dinner, the beds are turned down, the lamps are lit
- Clubhouse Rooms- The 16 bright and airy Clubhouse rooms are equipped with all modern conveniences and are ideal for guests who wish to stay within easy access of the Spa and equestrian centre or who prefer the relaxed and convivial atmosphere of the Clubhouse and President's Bar. The Clubhouse rooms are situated on the edge of the golf course and house the swimming pool, health club, Spa, golf shop, Presidents Bar and Kendals restaurant.
- Rose Garden Lodges-The Rose Garden Lodges at Mount Juliet are spectacular in summer, surrounded by carefully tended herbaceous borders in the adjacent walled-garden. The Rose Garden Lodges are situated between Mount Juliet House and the Hunters Yard Clubhouse rooms.
The newly renovated Rose Garden Lodges at Mount Juliet are upgraded to exquisite standards and boast stunning views of the 1,500 acre parkland estate and Jack Nicklaus golf course.
Each Rose Garden Lodge has two ensuite bedrooms, TV and telephone, a fully-equipped kitchen, dining area and lounge. The Rose Garden Lodges offer the best of both worlds to guests. Choose between the luxury of a complete hotel service or simply do things in your own way. Ideal for guests who require more space and privacy.
Directions to Centre
- Distance from Dublin 120km
- Distance from Waterford 48km
- Distance from Cork 147km
- Distance from Shannon 134km